A sample text widget

Etiam pulvinar consectetur dolor sed malesuada. Ut convallis euismod dolor nec pretium. Nunc ut tristique massa.

Nam sodales mi vitae dolor ullamcorper et vulputate enim accumsan. Morbi orci magna, tincidunt vitae molestie nec, molestie at mi. Nulla nulla lorem, suscipit in posuere in, interdum non magna.

FORUM

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Oct 2014, part of section 8 report
mishmashtr-
aveler
Post Oct 2014, part of section 8 report
on: May 2, 2015, 03:04

This was completed as part of section 9 that I did last fall. I'm posting now b/c I had some delays getting registered.

there is camping where the Hebron Trail meets Keystone Rd at the McHenry County conservation district. It's for bikers only. I didn't stay there b/c I was by myself & was worried about animals trying to get to the food in my tent so I stayed at the "Inn at Lake Elizabeth". it's a bed & breakfast but they let me camp in their yard for $20 & have use of their shower & bathroom - PLUS they had a campfire set up for me.

The Hebron Trail is fine. on this day I was riding into the wind - my goal this day was to ride to Harvard & take the train to Arlington Heights where my husband was going to pick me up.

So anyway, once I got on the Hebron trail, it deadends at Keystone Rd, go south & you'll see it start up again going west. This is a beautiful trail! there were trees on both sides to help block some of the wind.

this is quite a long trail that dead ends in an industrial area. you are not on a trail & riding on the road now all the way to Harvard (the next path is the Long Prairie Trail in Poplar Grove).

The road out of Hebron is pretty crappy & bumpy but not a lot of cars at all. But then once you are on Hebron road... HILLS HILLS HILLS... These hills were enough to buy a new tent & start lightening my load on my bike b/c I was struggling to make it up the hills with my loaded bike Against this head wind. I took Hebron Rd, to Reese Rd, to 176 into Harvard.

I found a place to grab some grub - Bopp's Grill & Saloon. I was able to lock up my bike & the food was good - I missed the train by 15 minutes & had to wait 2 hrs for the next train (a theme is being created right??).

So my next trip will be to take the train to Harvard & finish riding... but not sure how far yet.

http://www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/566953962

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.34 ; Page loaded in: 0.037 seconds.