A sample text widget

Etiam pulvinar consectetur dolor sed malesuada. Ut convallis euismod dolor nec pretium. Nunc ut tristique massa.

Nam sodales mi vitae dolor ullamcorper et vulputate enim accumsan. Morbi orci magna, tincidunt vitae molestie nec, molestie at mi. Nulla nulla lorem, suscipit in posuere in, interdum non magna.

FORUM

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: 2013-001 Ron Bolin TOPIC CLOSED
ronwbolin
Post 2013-001 Ron Bolin
on: October 4, 2013, 21:14

Here is a log of my GIT loop ride from Homer Glen, IL out to the Mississippi, up to Galena, then the Chain O’ Lakes and back home again.

Overall a 500 mile self supported trip during August of 2013.

ronwbolin
Post Re: 2013-001 Ron Bolin
on: October 4, 2013, 21:21

Here is a picture of my rig...

ronwbolin
Post Re: 2013-001 Ron Bolin
on: October 4, 2013, 21:27

I only had minimal food for a hot breakfast and occasional meals. I got most of my large meals from wherever I found services (sometimes “services” can be read as “gas station”!). Tent, sleeping bag, clothes, rain gear, plenty of water, phone, etc. I’m a pretty accomplished cyclist having ridden across a few states, but only have done it self supported a couple of times. I really enjoy the self supported riding.

spokedog
Administrator
Post Ron Bolin: Day 1 65 miles Homer Glen - Marseilles
on: June 14, 2014, 21:40

Day 1: 65 miles from Homer Glen to Marseilles

Mostly good terrain but a bridge is out on the trail about a mile west of Morris. Its not hard to reroute. Just go back North to Fremont then west and follow the road and signs back to the trail at Gebhardt Woods park. Take the concrete path on your right in the parks parking lot to get back on the trail.
There are some soft spots from here to Marseilles so just be watchful of them.

Pages: [1] 2 3
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.34 ; Page loaded in: 0.042 seconds.